Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Friday December 8th is a Holy Day of Obligation and we attended mass at 11.30.
Yesterday every pupil in the school had the opportunity to work with Scratch. Scratch is a programming language and an online community where children can program and share interactive media such as stories, games, and animation with people from all over the world. As children create with Scratch, they learn to think creatively, work collaboratively, and reason systematically.
Parent/Teacher Meetings 2018
These will take place after school on Monday, January 22nd from 3.15-6.00 pm and Wednesday, January 24th from 3.00-5.45.
Please note that there will be early closing at 2.45 on Wednesday January 24th.
Board of Management Report
- Our Enrolment policy has been reviewed.
- For meetings other than the annual Parent/Teacher meetings referred to above parents are reminded of the procedure regarding arranging meetings with teachers. Teachers are happy to meet with parents to discuss any issues or concerns which parents may have. A note in the journal to the class teacher requesting such an appointment is required. Alternatively a parent may ring the school and request a meeting. It is also necessary that the purpose of the visit be stated so that teachers may undertake any necessary preparation. Careful supervision of the pupils is undertaken by the teachers at all times during the school day. The measure of duty placed on the teacher is “to take such care of his/her pupils as a careful parent would of his/her children” (in loco parentis). It is very important that parents understand that a teacher will not be able to consult with a parent while the teacher is responsible for supervising a class or a group of children. The cooperation of parents in this matter will be much appreciated.
- Christmas concerts for parents of children in Junior Infants, Senior Infants, First class and Third & Fourth class take place next week. As invited guests parents are requested not to share any photos or videos of these concerts on social media.
- The Board requests all parents to park safely and to be mindful that the car park opposite the school is private.
- For health & safety reasons dogs are not permitted on the school grounds.
School will close for Christmas holidays at 12 noon on Friday December 22nd. We will reopen on Monday, January 8th 2018.
Le gach dea ghuí
Marie Griffin (Principal)